There are several pros and cons of most liquid diet weight loss plans. They are more or less obvious. There are a lot of pros and cons of liquid diet weight loss that are not inherent of the fact the diet is liquid…like ultra low calories.
- A liquid diet for weight loss is a great way to simplify your diet.
- Having liquids where you would normally have solids can help develop better self control and discipline upon returning to a normal diet.
- You will more than likely get more water in your diet which many people neglect.
- Some people find ways to make getting meals in liquid form ultimately reduce hunger, probably due to adding a fiber suplement which often results in more fiber than a solid diet.
- Nutrition is easier to measure
- There is a tendancy to not get enough fiber or protein in a liquid diet. This can be easily remedied by adding some fiber drink (mix, like metamucil) or a protein shake.
- The satisfaction you get from eating comes largely from chewing. The action of chewing contributes to satiation, so chewing gum can help fill this gap.
- Liquid diets will cause liquid levels to fluctuate more so than solid mass levels in the body. This could be considered a pro as many people need to lose weight as a technicality (for a sport, weight class, etc.) Fat loss is comes easy with exercise though.
- Lack of solid foods, particularly dietary and non soluble fiber. This of course can be easily remedied by adding a fiber suppliment. I use kroger brand psyllium seed husk fiber laxative. The word laxative is a bit of a send off, but don’t let it keep you from getting a healthy level of fiber in your liquid diet!
I am looking for other points here. If you have an idea or suggestion I’ll add it to this page!